Plaxtol Parish Church can be reached on the Plaxtol to Tonbridge walk. The Church was open for visitors and supplied plastic overshoes for visitors with muddy boots. The Church was built in 1649 in the time of Cromwell and consequently does not have as much decoration as some churches, however it does have a special beauty in it’s simplicity.
Carving on Lady Chapel Altar
View looking west showing the Hammer-beam Roof.
In the porch is a stone bearing the inscription “This Church was built for the worship of God AnDo 1649”
There are two coats of arms above the door.
Statue of the wall of the tower
North door from the Churchyard